Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hecho (FiDi)

Gal Foodie Lunch Date: April 29, 2011 @ 11:45 AM

After an excessive consumption of champagne, cucumber gimlet and pear martini at Lime the night before with my gals, both me and my gf Heather met up at Hecho the next day nursing a hangover.


Hecho was the perfect choice since I consider sushi my "morning after" guilt-buster remedy for overindulgence.

WHERE:
Hecho is the new kid on the block residing at the former home of now-closed Midi.

EAT JAPANESE/DRINK MEXICAN:
And Hecho, despite his Spanish name, does not have an identitiy crisis. Actually, he is solidly rooted and comfortable in his Japanese roots. One cool thing about him, though, is he knows that while he could provide the fresh and delicious Japanese bento, his Latin brother could provide the good times in a bottle (or 80+) of Tequila.


So Hecho is a Japanese restaurant/Tequila bar. We sat downstairs where the extensive tequila bar covered the walls that continued on to the sushi bar. The tables were made of wood with matching backless stools. The decor is definitely Japanese, minimal and handsome.



SUSHI PURIST:
And you won't find crazy Godzilla rolls here. It is all about fish purity and freshness.

* 2 SPOT SHRIMPS NIGIRI AND 1 OCTOPUS NIGIRI ($4 each): Pricey for 1 nigiri but the freshness is so pronounced! They melt in your mouth and meant to be savored.


BENTO BOXES:
In my hangover state, drinks were out of the question. I glazed over the short but adequate lunch menu. I really just wanted to fill my alcohol-induced hunger pang:

CHIRASHI ($18): Whenever I see chirashi on the menu, I am like Pavlov's dog. I start to salivate and get fixated on it. My meal was nicely presented with the chirashi placed in a ceramic boat-shaped bowl. It came with miso soup and a salad. I had 6 pieces of adequately cut assorted fish pieces which were very fresh. I love that my rice was not hot since the hot rice would cook the raw fish.


GRILLED SALMON ($22): It was also a bento box with a generous piece of thick salmon, salad and miso soup. I tasted a piece of her salmon which was simple but very fresh. Heather commented that the fish did NOT even have a hint of fishiness.



TAB: $60 including tax and tip without drinks. ($30 per gal.)

LOWDOWN:
Splurgey meal but you get what you pay for which is good quality fish. Portions are adequate but you might leave the place still a little hungry. Service was professional but very friendly. Most of the folks eating there were in business work suit.

I do not usually spend $30 for lunch on a daily basis but once in a while I like to hide and runaway from work for an hour to sit down and have a quiet satisfying meal.

Hecho fits the description if not the expensive bill but I will definitely return. A good choice for a day off with Heather spent on a super-gorgeous day in SF! Next stop, Ferry Building!!!!

Foodie Girl's Rating: 3 Stars


Key:
0 Star: Never again!!! These people should not be in business.
1 Star: Chalk it to bad experience. Live and learn.
2 Stars: Some are good. Some are okay. Some are bad.
3 Stars: Like! I will return!
4 Stars: Love! I will be dreaming of you at night!
5 Stars: Perfection (or close to!)

Hecho on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months
    of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any solutions to
    prevent hackers?

    My website - online business ideas

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...