Saturday, February 11, 2012

Catch

 
 
DINNER DATE: 02.04.12 @ 5:45 PM

On a cold nippy night in San Francisco (which could possibly be almost year round) and you are finding yourself craving a hot bowl of liquid comfort; but you are not really feeling ramen or pho......

FOOD:
Let me tell you--Catch's SEAFOOD STEW $22 will warm them cold bones and fill thy belly.
*This ciopinno in tomato broth is loaded, I mean, loaded with mussels, clams, shrimp, scallops and fresh fish. The menu says it includes crab meat but I think I was too busy to notice since worse than a starving alley cat I licked this bowl clean. But unlike other cioppino that I had, this stew was not fishy but I remember the fish pieces being melt in my mouth.
 

It might be pricey at $22 but believe me, this bowl was huge! It came with 2 cheesey toasts but I gave them to my man, Instead I dunk the complimentary warm bread which was so good they could have been Acme or Acme's sister. I have been very good at not eating bread at restaurants but there are certain situations where you just have to welcome carbs at your dinner table like your long-lost friend. Paired with warm bread soaking up the broth doused in Tabasco (I did this on my own), every spicy bite was like heaven!

Enrique wanted the beef ribs but I told him that if a seafood restaurant, order seafood. He listened and ordered the FETTUCINE WITH MAINE LOBSTER MEAT IN GARLIC CREAM SAUCE $ 23.00. He truly enjoyed his dish and liked the chunks of lobster meat in his pasta.
 


APPETIZER:
My man ordered the FRIED MIX OF THE TIGER PRAWNS, CALAMARI, ROCK COD AND GREEN BEANS WITH TARTAR SAUCE 11.50
*A big platter of fried greasy seafood. Aside from the tiger prawns which was crispy battered in cornmeal I believe and were the only ones that were not greasy, I did not like this plate at all.
 


DRINK:
The POMEGRANATE MARGARITA $11 but so worth it since it was made with Patron Silver was like nectar and gave me the nice buzz that gave me a nice healthy appetite for dinner.
 

DESSERT:
BANANA SPLIT $7.50 is ever my man's favorite. A good choice since it was sweet way to end a sweet dinner.

AMBIANCE/DECOR:
Catch is spacious but cozy. It looks like it was decorated by Pottery Barn next door. Brick walls, high ceilings, oil lamps on every table and beautiful colorful contemporary art work. There are two sections--the enclosed patio and the main dining room that are separated by glass which gives a sense of continuity between rooms.
 

We were seated by the glass and metal gas fireplace with faux wood in the center of the patio. It was indeed very warm and cozy. This would be a nice spot to drink your cosmo or one of the signature drinks.
 

The long bar is also attractive as well as the dimmed dining area.

VERDICT:
A cozy classy casual place in the Castro to have a seafood dinner and enjoy a round of drinks. A nice place for romantic date nights or dinner with your friends, even family dinners. Service was very friendly and very attentive. A server was constantly filling our water glasses.

CHECK: $88 before tip
Thanks to Groupon, our final tab was only $64 including 20% tip. A great deal!

ADDICTIVE FACTOR: 5 Catch's Seafood Stew is freaking unforgettable! I want another bowl, pronto!

GOOD TO KNOW:
*Difficult parking in the Castro but possible.
*1000 points on Opentable are available at certain times.
 
Catch on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...