Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wild Flour Bread: Divine Artisan Pastries

WEEKEND GETAWAY IN SONOMA: November 20, 2010




Enrique and I walked into this bakery from the pouring rain after wine-tasting across the street. The folks at Freestone Vineyard insisted that we not miss this place during our visit. And I am so grateful that they pointed us to this cute little bakery.

We were greeted by a wood-fire oven, the smell of freshly made bread and loaves of artisan bread piled high on a country table.



This place is rustic, cozy and full of country charm. And packed with the freshest wood-fire baked bread right out of the oven.



We just had a big brunch at Howard's Station Cafe and about to have dinner in 3 hours at Rocker Oysterfeller  but we could not resist the aroma of fresh pastries and newly brewed coffee.

We missed out on the pumpkin bread but we settled for a warm STICKY BUN. When we were told it was $6.50, my immediate thought was "Oh-oh! This better be really good!"

But I was handed a ginormous dense fragrant-smelling bun that was very delicious with sticky molasses, cinnamon, cloves and a hint of orange! This bun could easily feed 4 people!

I fell in love with this country bakeshop with the fresh artisan breads. I really would like to go back!

FOODIE GIRL'S RATING: 6  STARS--I found PERFECTION!

Key:
0 Star: Never again!!! These people should not be in business.
1 Star: Chalk it to bad experience. Live and learn.
2 Stars: Very disappointing but there it has some good things to offer.
3 Stars: It is okay but do not expect much. I will still return.
4 Stars: I like it! I will be singing your praises!
5 Stars: I will be dreaming of you at night!
6 Stars: Perfection (or close to!)

Wild Flour Bread on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...