STAYCATION: 05.18.2012 @ 8:30 PM
AS SEEN ON CHECK, PLEASE! BAY AREA: http://www.youtube.com...
The lounge was sleek and sexy.
The food and drink were tasty.
The jazz guitarist got my juices flowing...........
Pasta Moon is a good place to have a nice dinner in Half Moon Bay. The outside looked like a very casual eatery with a couple of patio tables. The menu was written on a blackboard.
Upon walking in at around 8:30 PM, we were greeted by the tantaliziing jazz music being played by the guitarist on the stage. We were offered to be seated at the main dining area but we opted for the lounge that was modern and sexy. It was spacious with high ceilings with exposed slat beams.
The mood lighting of hanging red/yellow glass lights were turned down. Low lounge chairs made of red leather along with eclectic dining tables were available for seating.
FOOD AND DRINK: (Sorry, no food pics. Too dark for the camera!)
ITALIAN 77 $10: St.Germain Elderflower Liquor, Fresh Lemon Juice, Prosecco
* Citrusy bubbly. Refreshing. However, it tasted more like champagne with lemon juice. Just okay.
BRUSCHETTA $10: Burrata cheese served over local greens and sun dried tomato pesto
* 2 Bruchetta piled high with greens and sun dried tomatoes. Good and filling!
TAGLAITELLE PRAWNS $ 22 : Spring Asparagus,lemon, parmesan, basil, garlic, EVOO
* Good but nothing remarkable. It tastes like the the bowl of pasta that I make at home when I want something simple and comforting. The pasta was chewy but slighty dry. The plump prawns were fresh and generous.
PASTA MOON LASAGNA : $12/$19 House made Sicilian sausage, ricotta, parmesan, chili flake, tomato sauce
* Enrique got the full order. Sadly, he got food poisoning at San Benito Bar earlier in the afternoon. He barely touched his lasagna. I tasted it to compare it to my lasagna and it was actually pretty good! This lasagna is Pasta Moon's signature dish.
Pasta Moon is a solid dining venue in Half Moon Bay. It is about to celebrate its 25th anniversary this coming June 2012. It's farm to table philosophy making use of the local, sustainable produce is just one of the good reasons why this 25 year old restaurant should be patronized. The rest is the house made pasta and lovely ambiance.
TOTAL: $90 including tip, 1 alc and 2 non-acl drinks
1. Sexy lounge area.
2. Check out Pasta Moon's Live Music Calendar for free, no cover music until 9PM.
3. Definitely order the Pasta Moon Lasagna!